Are you looking for resources to help your children grow in love for Jesus as their personal Savior? As a busy mom of 5 kids, nothing is more important to me than my kids’ faith growth, yet it’s a bit overwhelming at times to know how to put that into practice. Read on for helpful links to kids’ devotion books that your family can use to grow in faith and connection.
Tips for Kids’ Devotion Time
In our family, devotion time together is most often at the dinner table. We’ve tried a number of different ways to incorporate family devotion time (a separate meeting time, bedtime, mornings), and dinner works best for us. We’ve also learned to not wait until everyone is together. Whether there are 2 of us or all 7 of us, we have devotions as often as we can.
Give yourself grace for the times devotions don’t happen. We don’t have devotions every night because life is…life which means things spill, kids are in time out, someone is in a bad mood (but I’m working on my attitude, really I am). Sometimes dinner is on the stove and people serve themselves because we are running to various activities. Yet as often as possible, we gather together.
We start with a prayer. Our prayer is “Come, Lord Jesus, be our guest, and let these gifts to us be blessed. Amen.” (What is your family dinner prayer?) Here are 7 prayers your family can pray at the dinner table. Then we read a short devotion from a book like those listed below. Finally, we go around the table and each share a high and low of the day.
Find a routine that works for your family.
You can also purchase devotion books for your children as gifts and encourage them to have a quiet personal devotion time at a specific time, such as before bed or in the morning before school. It’s never too early to begin instilling these good habits.
From the list below, I especially recommend Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions for Kids and The Action Bible Devotional (great for boys). Also be sure to check out The Top 7 Tools Every Christian Family Needs for Meaningful Devotion Time for even more ideas of resources our family has used.
Kids Devotion Books: 25 Options to Strengthen Their Faith
1. Grace for the Moment: 365 Devotions for Kids – $10.89
2. Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions For Kids – $10.17
3. Duck Commander Devotions for Kids – $12.75
4. The One Year Book of Devotions for Boys – $12.40
5. For Girls Only! Devotions – $6.98
9. The One Year Devotions for Kids – $10.28
10. 52 Weeks with Jesus for Kids: A Devotional – $7.78
12. God’s Little Devotional Book for Kids – $12.99
13. His Mighty Warrior: A Treasure Map from Your King – $11.08
14. God and Me! A Devotional for Girls Ages 4-7 – $9.99
15. Gotta Have God Boys Devotional Vol 3 — Ages 10-12 – $13.99
16. Bible Devotions For Bedtime – $4.23
17. 90 Devotions for Kids (Adventures in Odyssey Books) – $10.21
19. One Year Book of Devotions for Kids #3 – $13.99
23. The One Year Sports Devotions for Kids – $10.57
24. Made to Shine: A Girls-Only Devotional – $9.29
25. 365 Devotions for Boys – $7.06
More Posts You Will Love
Free 1 Week Course!
Real Fitness. Healthy Eating. New You.
The Busy Woman's Mini-Course.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Why Does God Allow Bad Things to Happen? - March 28, 2017
- Top 25 Products for Keeping Fit at Home - March 28, 2017
- 7 Powerful Bible Verses to Use When Satan Reminds You of Your Past - March 26, 2017