Is your group ready for motivation, challenge, and encouragement? Sara Borgstede is an engaging speaker who delights audiences with her story-telling and humor. Sara is available to speak for conferences, church events, fitness seminars and parent support groups.
Contact Sara to partner together in developing an event your audience will be excited to attend.
Topics available include:
Faithful Finish Lines: Recreate Who You Are
Do you feel exhausted and weary? Do you long to exercise and eat right, but let’s face it — getting through each day is a challenge enough? Would you use the word “athlete” to describe yourself, or does the idea feel laughable?
- Walk step by step with me through how making 3 SMALL changes will lead to BIG results
- Why improving your health improves your spiritual journey
- ONE trick to finding balance for it all — it’s possible!
Woven throughout the presentation is Sara’s story of how she lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off for the last 10 years, all while balancing a busy family and life.
Find balance on your calendar and hope for the craziness! Sara has learned how to do it and she will teach you what she has learned.
During this presentation you will discover:
- What are the 4 areas of life to keep in balance?
- How do I know to which decisions I should say “yes” and to which I should say “no?”
- How do I find sacred in the everyday?
Note: This talk is great for the workplace, for churches, and for moms groups (MOPS, Mom’s Bible studies, and retreats).
- PR Downloads – Handouts
Hear Sara’s story of how she overcame life-long eating issues with compulsive and binge eating, lost over 100 pounds, and moved from hating exercise to becoming a triathlete. You will:
- Learn 10 tips and secrets to ENJOY exercise and healthy eating.
- Practical ways to fit exercise into everyday life — really!
- Find inspiration and hope for your health and wellness.
Sara and her husband Mike are the parents to 5 children, including 2 children adopted with special needs. In addition, they were foster parents to 35 foster children, mostly medically fragile babies. They “get it.”
Walk away from this presentation having learned:
- How do I find time to take care of myself and my child?
- Will my marriage survive the stress?
- Learn the #1 way to maintain a healthy family.
Also available: How to Minister to Parents of Special Needs Children (When Your Church Doesn’t Have a Special Needs Ministry)
Do you feel you’ve lived through a barren Winter season of life and are longing for Spring? If your well has run dry, take heart! In John 4 we learn that God gives FREE REFILLS! During this presentation, perfect for women’s groups and retreats, discover:
- Practical steps for renewed physical health.
- Ways to guard your heart to stay emotionally healthy.
- Claim the free refills of spiritual renewal God is offering.
Sara and her husband Mike were foster parents for 6 years and had over 35 foster children in their home, primarily medically fragile babies. They have 5 children, the youngest two being adopted from foster care.
Learn at this presentation:
- Am I crazy for being a foster parent? (My friends/coworkers/in-laws think I am!)
- Can I survive having my heart broken again and again when I say goodbye to children?
- How do I navigate dealing with the complex foster care system?
- What can I do to take care of myself, my marriage, and my children while being a foster parent?
Life seems to get more hectic and messy with each holiday season, yet we all yearn for a holy season of calm. Whether single or married, hosting your first Christmas gathering or have celebrated many seasons, this talk has something for everyone. During this presentation you will learn:
- How to host a peaceful holiday for your family and loved ones.
- Tips to eat in a healthy way yet still enjoy treats through the holiday season.
- Practical ideas for simplifying the celebration.
- Ways to get it all done without losing your mind!
PR Downloads: Handout
Sample Videos from Giving and Keeping: When to Say Yes and When to Say No taken April 5, 2014
Sara’s Upcoming Speaking Events
October 14 – University of Colorado Weight Loss Research Group, Denver, CO, From Couch Potato to Triathlete
October 21-Greenwood Community Church MOPS, Centennial, CO, Balancing in the Holy Mess
October 24 – Lutheran School Association, Decatur, IL, Faithful Finish Lines
October 24 – Decatur YMCA/St. Johns Lutheran Church, Decatur, IL, (open to the public) – Faithful Finish Lines
November 4 & 5 – Eaglecrest High School Psychology Dept., Centennial, CO, – Couch Potato to Triathlete
November 7- Colorado Community Church MOPS, Denver, CO – Balancing in the Holy Mess
December 3-Family in Christ Community Church MOPSNext, Westminster, CO, – A Holy, Messy Christmas
February 2-Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado, Denver, CO – I Didn’t Sign Up for This: Hope for Special Needs Parents
February 26-28 Best Practices Ministry Conference, Phoenix, AZ – Balancing in the Holy Mess, Don’t Bring her Funeral Flowers: Dos and Don’t for Spouses in Ministry (with Pastor Michael Borgstede)
March 12-St. John’s Lutheran Church MOPS, Denver, CO – Balancing in the Holy Mess for Moms
March 12-Mending Hearts Parent Support Group, Colorado Springs, CO – I Didn’t Sign Up for This: Hope for Parents of Special Needs Kids
March 19&20-Eaglecrest High School Psychology Dept., Centennial, CO, – From Couch Potato to Triathlete
March 25-University of Colorado Weight Loss Research Group, Denver, CO, From Couch Potato to Triathlete
April 8-Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church, Englewood, CO – I Didn’t Sign Up for This: Ministering to Moms of Special Needs Kids
April 11-Mount Olive Lutheran Church LWML, Aurora, CO-Spring Into Wellness
December 15-University of Colorado Weight Loss Research Group, Denver, CO, From Couch Potato to Triathlete
February 17-20 Best Practices for Ministry: Support Workers, Phoenix, AZ, Support for Church Worker’s Spouses. Part 1: Your Calling, Part 2: Your Marriage, Part 3: Your Children
Free 1 Week Course!
Real Fitness. Healthy Eating. New You.
The Busy Woman's Mini-Course.