This recipe is great for those times when you are craving a fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookie and nothing else will do — but making a whole batch would be a serious danger zone.
Enter Chocolate Chip Cookie for One recipes. Assembled quickly and baked in the microwave in less than a minute, these are perfect for cravings and portion control!
Our family made the original version as a treat. I believe in moderation and am totally fine with splurges, but was still surprised to discover this treat was 500 calories. I set about making some adjustments so I could still enjoy my treat but bring it down to a more manageable level in my daily calorie budget. Here is the result.
- .5 T Real Butter *see note for substitutions
- 1 tsp Ground Flax*
- 3 tsp Water
- 2 tsp White Sugar
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 3 drops Vanilla Extract
- Small Pinch Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk*
- ⅛ Cup White Whole Wheat flour*
- ⅛ Cup Oatmeal
- 1 T Semi-sweet chocolate chips, heaping
- For best results, mix ingredients in a bowl and then pour into greased mug or ramekin to microwave.
- In a separate small bowl, mix flax and 3 tsp water and allow to sit for 5 minutes or longer.
- Melt butter in microwave but do not boil.
- Add sugars, vanilla, salt, and stir to combine.
- Add egg yolk, flax and water mixture and stir.
- Add flours and oatmeal and stir well.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour your cookie dough into your mug or ramekin. Cook in microwave. 40 seconds is perfect for me. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Cookie will continue to cook a bit as it cools.
- *The Lighter cookie is a bit cake-ier than the Original but still great! If you don't have real butter on hand, you can use a light spread but will need to add 1-2 drops of oil to the recipe.
- *Egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters) can be used instead of an egg yolk. Use 1 T egg beaters. Add 1-2 drops oil to the recipe.
- *1 tsp Chia Seeds can be substituted for the Ground Flax seeds. This is what I used in the photos. It resulted in a bit a crunch (which I personally don't mind) though, so I recommend ground flax for a cookie-like texture.
- *Original Whole Wheat Flour can be used.
Get a Free Bible Journaling Kit Now!
Journaling guide & reading plan give strong faith.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- 7 Items to Create A Christ-Centered Home This Christmas - September 18, 2017
- 25 Filling Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes - September 18, 2017
- 7 Bible Verses about How to Flourish in Your Faith - September 15, 2017