It’s that time again to reuse a dressing I’ve made for another dish! These roll-ups are inspired from the some of the ingredients I used in my Italian Picnic Salad. They could not be simpler to make and are a fantastic mid day snack for both adults and kids. With the Summer coming to an end, I want to maximize the basil and tomatoes I have in my garden and add a little protein in to make it a more filling snack. Enjoy!
- 4 slices of oven roasted turkey deli meat
- 1 tomato-sliced
- 4 large basil leaves
- 4 slices of raw fontina cheese
- 1-2 spoonfuls of balsamic reduction
- Place two-three slices of tomato, one basil leaf and a slice of cheese on the slice of turkey and roll it up.
- You can leave the roll-ups whole or sliced like I did and then drizzle some balsamic reduction on top and devour them up!
Place two-three slices of tomato, one basil leaf and a slice of cheese on the slice of turkey and roll it up.
You can leave the roll-ups whole or sliced like I did and then drizzle some balsamic reduction on top and devour them up!
by Jen Pedri. Hi! I’m Jen, a pediatric Speech-language Pathologist by day and a Paleonista at-home chef by night. After years of battling health issues I decided to start eating Paleo/Primal in 2013. It has been by far the best decision of my life (beside adopting my dog and marrying my hubby). My health issues have greatly diminished and I have grown to absolutely love cooking without gluten and grains because of how amazing it makes me feel. I hope you enjoy my recipes as much as my family does!
Get a Free Bible Journaling Kit Now!
Journaling guide & reading plan gives strong faith and hope.