- You Are Not Alone
- Depression Does Not Define You
- What Does Depression Look Like?
- 10 Encouraging Bible Verses to Ease Depression
- When Your Daughter Wants to Dye Her Hair Blue
- How to Manage Depression and Chronic Pain
- Truths About Depression: Stuff You Don’t Want to Hear
- I Got Punched in the Face This Weekend
- Straight Talk About How to Survive Heartbreaking Grief
- For a Day When You Need Motivation
- Sometimes Grief Comes From Unexpected Places
- For Parents of a Teen Who Had a Near Miss
- 10 Simple Ways to Bring Creativity to Your Life
- A Depression Solution: Speak!
- Q & A with a Therapist about Depression
- Top 5 Offbeat Movies to Warm Your Heart
- Research Shows 4 Keys to Motivation When You Are Depressed
- 101 Ways to Boost Your Mood Immediately
- Is it Okay to Avoid Pain?
- How Can I Serve If I’m Depressed?
- Do You Have Angry Depression?
- A Room Full of Love: Thoughts After a Loved One’s Suicide
- Top 5 Offbeat I’m Depressed and Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me Now Movies
- What You Need to Know about Postpartum Depression
- Why You Need More Mental Flexibility
- How to Eat Healthy When You Don’t Feel Like It
- How to Exercise When You Don’t Feel Like It
- A Cure for Panic Attacks: The Potato Chip Method
- Can’t Sleep? Read This at 3:00 AM
- Do You Have Secondary Traumatic Stress?
- You Were Set Free For a Reason
- If You Write, Please Read This. (Plus, a FREE GIFT for All!)
101 Ways to Boost Your Mood Immediately
- Stand up.
- Walk a dog.
- Stretching exercises.
- Breathing exercises.
- Talk to a friend.
- Journal feelings.
- Listen to music.
- Wrap in a warm blanket.
- Sip warm tea.
- Eat a favorite food.
- Light a candle.
- Savor a smell you enjoy.
- Wrap up in a soft sweater.
- Get dressed up to feel pretty/handsome.
- Drink water.
- Google cute animal pictures.
- Watch funny You Tube videos.
- Listen to soothing sounds — water flowing, ocean waves, wind chimes.
- Color with crayons.
- Paint on a surface other than paper.
- Walk in nature.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Eat a meal in silence.
- Drive somewhere new.
- View some art.
- Climb a tree.
- Read a Bible passage.
- Go to a Farmer’s Market.
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Send a thoughtful email.
- Take a bath.
- Turn off all electronics.
- Write a gratitude list.
- Take a nap.
- Buy flowers.
- Meander around town.
- Get lost somewhere on purpose.
- Forgive someone.
- Write a letter.
- Notice your body.
- Go for a run.
- Do yoga poses.
- Move twice as slowly.
- Go to therapy.
- Rest your legs up on a wall.
- Let out a long sigh slowly.
- Put on music and dance around the house.
- Clean something.
- Organize something.
- Fix something.
- Volunteer at a shelter.
- Donate items you don’t need.
- Watch clouds.
- Sit by a lake, river, or ocean.
- Learn something new.
- Knit, crochet, or sew.
- Look through recipes.
- Do origami.
- Go to a cafe and sip a latte.
- Ask for a hug.
- Visit the library.
- Eat a cupcake with a massive amount of frosting.
- Take photographs.
- Look through old photos.
- Watch a hilarious movie and laugh your head off.
- Watch a sad movie and cry your eyes out.
- Give yourself a hand and foot massage.
- Use favorite lotion.
- Use fresh lemons.
- Drive in the car with the windows down.
- Plan to redecorate something as if there was no budget limit.
- Buy a new pair of shoes.
- Get a haircut.
- Remind yourself, “I won’t always feel this way.”
- Donate money.
- Drink juice or a smoothie.
- Call a far-away friend.
- Create a vision board.
- Let in natural sunlight.
- Take a mental health day.
- Put on a tiara.
- Read inspirational quotes.
- Use a stress squeeze ball.
- List all the reasons you are awesome.
- Binge watch a Netflix series.
- Smell lavender or orange. (proven to boost mood)
- Chew gum.
- Eat chocolate.
- Visualize your best self.
- Try something new.
- Notice a small miracle.
- Talk to an optimistic friend.
- Change your socks.
- Brush your teeth.
- Finish something unfinished.
- Remember a past success.
- Wash your hands and face.
- Act like today will be awesome!
Which of these is your favorite? What others would you add to this list? Comment below! (If you have trouble commenting, click on the title of this post the scroll down to comment.)
Pin for Later:
The Hope Toolbox
Today’s Bible Verse:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Today’s Journaling Prompt:
When I’m having a tough day, what are some little ways I know for sure work for me to boost my mood? List them in your journal or use the My Hope Toolbox printable kit.
NEW! All the Hope Toolbox resources in one location. Click here for the Hope Toolbox Resource List. Includes all the daily Bible verses, daily journaling prompts, printables, and clickable links.
Improve Your Mood!
Stressful holiday season?
+Improve your mood in 10 days.
+Reduce stress, anxiety, & panic.
+Daily, practical ideas to get you moving one small step at a time.
+Find joy & purpose.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Why Does God Allow Bad Things to Happen? - March 28, 2017
- Top 25 Products for Keeping Fit at Home - March 28, 2017
- 7 Powerful Bible Verses to Use When Satan Reminds You of Your Past - March 26, 2017